John is a native of Decatur, Alabama and a graduate of The University of the South in Sewanee, Tennessee with a B.S. degree. He also earned an M.B.A. from The Owen Graduate School of Management at Vanderbilt University. He worked as a stockbroker for Morgan Keegan & Co. for nine years, before returning to a family real estate business in 1999. In 2000, he married the former Lisa Myers, who grew up in West Springfield, Virginia. They have been blessed with two lovely daughters.
In 1999, John began working with his father developing, leasing and managing commercial real estate in the Decatur area. Since his father’s death in 2010, John has continued in these endeavors. The primary focus is on industrial property. John and his father developed two industrial parks, and John continues to manage properties in both parks. John recently developed a third business park in Decatur called Watermark Business Park.
John has been involved in helping oversee the construction, leasing and management of a number of buildings ranging in size from 15,000 SF to 100,000 SF. He also helped manage two small retail centers for the last ten or so years. Currently John manages over 500,000 SF of warehouse space.
Scope of Experience
- Helped family real estate business with acquisitions, dispositions, development and management of commercial real estate in Alabama
- Worked with tenants to locate sites, develop build to suit buildings and modified existing buildings to meet tenant objectives
- Site development and construction oversight
- General real estate, investment and tax knowledge
- Leadership Decatur
- Young Leaders Council-Nashville, TN
- Board of Directors-Decatur Morgan County Chamber of Commerce
- Former Chairman, Board of Directors –
Young Business Leaders, Decatur, AL
- Former Chairman, Board of Deacons-Decatur Presbyterian Church
- Board of Directors-International Cooperating Ministries, Hampton, VA
- Board of Directors-Heart of the Valley YMCA, Huntsville, AL
- Founding Director-Progress Bank and Trust, Huntsville, AL
Beth is a native of Decatur, Alabama and a graduate of Calhoun Community College with an Associates Degree in Business. Before joining the Watermark team, Beth spent 16 years in Banking and Financial Services Industry. She has exceptional customer service skills. She also enjoys project innovation and implementation with a strong focus on growth and development of local business. She is the proud Mom of two children, Pierce and Carli.
- Graduate Excellence in Leadership
- Executive Committee Member - Priceville High School Band Boosters
- Former Executive Committee Member, The ARC of Morgan County and Tennessee Valley Exposition
- Former Member, Pilot Club of Decatur, Decatur Civitan Club, Priceville Civitan, Decatur Woman's Chamber of Commerce
- Mental Health Association Board
- BOMA North Alabama Board
Darrell Beck was raised in Trinity, Alabama and attended West Morgan High School. After marrying the former Lassie Ann Mears in 1994 the couple moved to Hartselle, Alabama. They are the proud parents of Andrew Beck and Patrick Beck. Darrell has worked for the Eyster family for many years. He has been a part of Watermark Property Group, LLC since its inception. Darrell works with tenants at Upstate Commercial Park, Steed Business Park and other properties managed by Watermark Property Group, LLC. to maintain and improve these properties.